In this guide
Thank you for agreeing to share your studio with our members. We are really excited to get an insight into your creative practice and work environment.
We need a few details from you to get the event up online and out on our social platforms. If you have any questions about what you need to supply please contact our community manager.
If are not a member of CEC please go ahead and join for free. We will link to your CEC profile in our event so that other members can connect with you.
A short bio about you
Please send us two or three paragraphs introducing yourself. Tell us a little about what you do and what you will be talking about during your interview. We will edit the text so that the tone fits with the rest of our content. Here is an example of what we are looking for:
Buckle up for our latest virtual adventure this month as we head to the buzzing creative hub that is Dundee to have a wee nosey around the home studio of Potluck Magazine Editor Rhia Cook. Potluck is a collaborative magazine dedicated to sharing your stories about cooking, eating, and sharing food.
Working as a one-woman army, Rhia does everything from concept development to illustration, article selection, editing, and layout, not to mention marketing and sales, in order to put out 3 stunning magazines per annum. It’s no small task, but it’s moving in the right direction.
Rhia prides herself on working ethically with all contributors and has devised a profit-sharing system for everyone involved in each production as well as donating 10% of all sales to the Trussell Trust (the UK’s biggest food bank organisation).
We publish the live event as a video on our website. It’s important that we record the video at the highest possible quality to make it a pleasure to watch. Here are some tips on getting the best out of the Zoom setup:
- In the video settings for Zoom will be the option to display in 16:9 (widescreen) or in 4:3 . If it’s available select 16:9 (widescreen).
- Next, we want to click the Enable HD button. Sometimes the option for 16:9 won’t be the there, but once you click HD it’ll change to the correct aspect ratio.
- Lastly, select ‘Mirror my video’ so, much like a mirror, our image is mirrored back at us.
Other than the Zoom-specific settings make sure you have as much natural light, and as little background noise as possible.
Social media posts
In the weeks before your appearance on Elevenses, we’ll be promoting the event on social media.
The first post will feature the info you provided about yourself (see About us above) the second will be a series of three questions, a little mini-interview to give our audience a taste of what to expect.
We will send you these questions separately.
Sharing with your own followers
We would love it if you promote your appearance on Elevenses with your network. There are three key points where you will want to do this
- When we post the event on our website. You will know it’s live when you receive a calendar invite.
- In the days leading up to the event
- When the video from your talk goes live on the website. We will send you an email when this happenss.