Last updated: 14th September 2021
Welcome to the Creative Entrepreneurs Club (CEC). CEC is an online community and resource hub run by The Future Economy Company.
- Your CEC account
- Your community responsibility
- Your content
- Contact us
Your CEC account
You need to create an account with us in order to access some of our services. Here are a few rules about accounts with us.
Be honest when completing your profile
It’s against the rules to impersonate someone else or claim to be from a company you don’t belong to.
Within your profile, we ask some questions about your learning needs and your business stage/size. We use this information to design services to meet your needs so the more accurate you are the better we can meet your needs
Do not pick an offensive name for your account
It’s best to use your own name for your account so that people can relate to you personally, however it is ok to use a company name if you want to share the account within your company.
It is not ok to use a name that is offensive, vulgar, or not yours to use.
Choose a secure password
Your account security is your responsibility and you are responsible for any activity that happens on it. Choose a secure password and if you have to share it, only share it with those you trust.
Your community responsibility
Connecting, upskilling & empowering creative entrepreneurs is at the heart of what we do. CEC members use community spaces to find inspiration, share knowledge, discuss ideas, and build relationships that help them grow their businesses.
CEC needs to be a place that’s safe, welcoming, and respectful; you agree to the following rules when interacting with other members on the site or in group meetups.
- Be mindful of privacy. Don’t share private or personally identifying information in public areas of the site.
- Be respectful towards other members and, when in doubt, lead with kindness, assume best intentions and act on that basis. Don’t post content that may promote, support, or glorify hatred, or misinformation.
- Don’t spam. This includes unsolicited or duplicate posts or links to your website, surveys, social media, or other promotional content.
- Keep it legal. Don’t engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone’s intellectual property, or encourage others to so either.
Messaging other members
Members may send each other direct messages using the built-in messaging system. You must request to be connected to a member before you can message them.
By using direct messages, you agree to all of the above policies. In addition, you may not send messages that are considered:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing.
- Obscene or vulgar.
- Unsolicited advertising or promotions.
Reporting inappropriate behaviour
CEC has built-in functionality that allows you to moderate the content and members that you see on the site.
As a member you can block other members, so they do not have to see any of their content. To do this visit the members page and click on the pink block button next to the follow and connect buttons.
Members can also report inappropriate content to be auto-hidden from them. In the members’ activity board you will find three dots at the top right corner of each post or content. If you click on this one of the options you will find is a link to report that piece of content.
When a member or a piece of content is blocked a member of the CEC team will review the piece of content or the member in question. We may contact you for more information.
On the rare occasion that someone joins the site in order to spam their services to the members we have a safeguard in place to automatically block that member from everyone. If two members block someone their profile will automatically be made inactive and they will no longer be able to login to the site or post content until their activity has been reviewed by an administrator.
If you feel that a members’ behaviour has in any way been discriminatory, threatening, abusive, or illegal please get in touch so that we can support you and make the necessary action to make sure that this doesn’t happen to any other members.
You can contact us by email: email@example.com
CEC does not allow members, partners, or staff to discriminate against people based on the following personal attributes (collectively, “protected groups”):
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under UK & Scottish law
When you create content for CEC resources, courses, and masterclasses you own that content. It is posted on the CEC website based on your agreement with the following:
- You are soley responsible for that content. You own the necessary rights to the content and you are not violating intellectual property rights by submitting it to us
- By submitting your content to the CEC website, you grant us a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to your content, but we have your permission to use it to help CEC function and grow. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have in your content and we can help promote it.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, publish, and prepare derivative works of your content. This allows us to publish your content on our site and promote it across our marketing channels and our other services.
CEC may ask for permission to use one of your images or videos on the CEC website. If you agree you must be clear with us about the context in which you allow us to use the content, any editing you allow us to do, and the attribution you would like us to publish.
Account canceled by you
We’d hate to see you go, but you can cancel your account with us at any time. You can access the settings for this on your account page. You can also request a download of all the data we store about you. This will be deleted from the CEC website when you delete your account, however, some information will be retained in our CRM to help us with statistical analysis.
Account canceled by us
We may cancel services
CEC reserves the right to change, suspend, or cancel any of services for you, any or all users, at any time, for any reason. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any changes to our services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate revenue through our services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org