What do people think about your brand, organisation, business, or practice? How much of their opinion was driven by you? Every contact we have with anyone is deeply affected by the story they tell themselves about us and that experience. So creating your own story is key to all sorts of interactions – from marketing your brand and enticing investors to attracting staff. There is an art to knowing how and where you tell your story and a skill set required for building and adapting it so as to appeal to different audiences. Join expert storyteller Sandy Thomson and learn how narrative works, how it travels, the essential steps to building a good story, and how to reshape it for each of your audiences.
- Identify key elements of their story
- Develop vivid, memorable storytelling language
- Establish what makes a story portable
- Learn how to adapt their story for different stakeholders
- Practice core story building skills