Last updated: 14th September 2021
Welcome to the Creative Entrepreneurs Club (CEC). CEC is an online community and resource hub run by The Future Economy Company.
We care about the privacy of your personal information and we believe in being as transparent as possible.
We collect and process your personal information in order to the CEC website and it’s services. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t become a member.
- Information we collect linked to your identity
- Information used to track you
- How we use your information
- Retention of your information
- Discolosure of your information
- Security of your information
- Links to other websites
- Contact us
Information we collect linked to your identity
Registration and account set up
In order to use our members-only services, you will need to submit the following personal information:
- A valid email address – private
- An account name
- A secure password. This is encrypted, we never have access to this
- A handle/nickname so that members can @mention you in the community
- Your postcode. We use this to analyse the countries and regions that our members live in. This field is private
During registration, we also ask for the following information in order to learn about your needs. With the exception of the sector question, all of these fields are private
- What stage are you at with your business/practice
- What do you struggle with the most
- What is your businesses legal structure
- What business sector best fits your business/practice – visible to all members
Questions shared with the community
We ask you for some additional, optional information. This information is shared with the community but you have the option to hide any information in this section if you choose to. This can be done in your account settings under the Privacy Tab.
Here are the questions and why we ask them:
- Your profile picture
- Your prefered pronoun – so that monitor our committement to inclusivity
- Bio – so that other members can learn about you and you can make more connections
- Your professional identity – this is so that you can describe yourself in a susinct way to other members
- Your company name, website address and social links – so that members can check out what you do and become customers, supporters or collaborators
Questions only visible to CEC staff
We ask for the following optional information in order to better understand our membership and how we can improve our services for them. We also use the demographic type data to monitor how well we are doing in our commitment to being inclusive in our services and the marketing of those services.
- We ask if you would like to be a contriutor or mentor to other members so that we can get you have the option to get involved with the community at a deeper level
- We ask you which age bracket you fall into
- We ask you your position within your business
- We ask how many staff you have
Other personally identifiable information linked to your profile
Purchases and bookings
If you book RSVP to an event, book an advisor appointment, sign up for a course or purchase a service from us, a record of that transaction will be linked to your account.
In addition, we collect information about your usage of our service. An example of this would be, the number of times you have logged into the community when you last logged in, etc. Read more on how we track usage and the cookies and technologies we use.
When you upload photos, post on the members board, comment and like other members’ posts, or publish resources on the CEC site, this content will be linked to your profile.
Information used to track you
Usage data is collected automatically when using our services.
Usage data may include information such as your browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other diagnostic data.
When you access our services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site or when you access our service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / essential cookies
These are session cookies administered by us. They are necessary to provide you with the services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Notice acceptance cookies
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
When you arrive on the CEC site you are given options to approve the use of all cookies or to define which cookies you wish to accept.
How we use of your information
CEC may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of our service. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, phone or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our services. An example of this would be information we store in our CRM or our email marketing app.
- With programme partners: We may share your information with our partners to provide statistical analysis
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose but only with your consent.
Retention of your information
CEC will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our services, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure of your information
CEC may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of CEC/The Future Economy Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your information
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org