Website Visible Fictions
Visible Fictions’ Learning and Engagement Co-ordinator – Part time for 12 months
Visible Fictions is an artistically led production company that exists to thrill and inspire children, young people & adults with our head-turning, heart-flipping, diverse and accessible artistic projects, productions and activities.
We’re at a particularly exciting point in our evolution. With 30 years of dynamic story telling under the Visible Fictions belt we are looking forward to a broader range of work than ever, with new and existing partnerships creating opportunities to inspire and connect us with a wide range of audiences. We are creating work to connect with those in nurseries, primary schools, and at both secondary and higher education levels.
We are seeking a proactive individual to work closely with us who will help us to deeply and meaningfully engage with the learning sector.
We see this new role as a direct link between Visible Fictions and the education sector, facilitating and co-ordinating communication of the company and its work with all relevant parties. You will develop and promote existing links, increase visibility, strengthen relationships and open dialogue with educators, schools and local authorities to ensure the company’s work is highly visible and hugely present. We are keen to reduce inequalities wherever we can, to connect with schools high on the SIMD, and to find ways to engage with diverse communities. We are particularly keen to develop stronger links with Glasgow schools. You will help us to increase engagement with our work, and ensure this engagement is impactful and meaningful so audiences and participants will want to return for more.
This is a part time post (3 days per week) and is funded by Visible Fictions for 12 months. You will work alongside Visible Fictions’ Core team – especially the Producer and Artistic Director.
We are looking for someone hard working friendly and ready to engage with a wide range of people – from teachers to policy makers – to help us connect more deeply and widely with our audiences. Relationships will be important to you. We want you to work alongside our team to develop an overall learning engagement journey for a student or school to connect with a Visible Fictions’ productions – from booking to post-visit follow up. You will believe in the power of young people experiencing art and with your knowledge of the Curriculum for Excellence will be keen to ensure our engagement is fulfilling and relevant. You will share and uphold our values (bravery, innovation, professionalism, integrity, fairness, accessibility and transparency) through all you do.
Visible Fictions have a strong desire to diversify our team and to find ways to be more representative of our audiences. To this end would hugely welcome applicants from backgrounds that are not strongly represented in our industry.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop, co-ordinate and implement a brand-new Visible Fictions’ Learning and Engagement Strategy;
* Engage with Local Authority Education Departments to promote and generate wider and deeper engagement with the company’s artistic product and productions;
* Strengthen and develop relationships with Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools and wider education sector and ensure maximum engagement;
* Champion the promotion and marketing of work directly to schools and nurseries;
* Seek out best practice examples of sector collaboration from Scotland and beyond and make connections with relevant educational organisations and people;
* Work with other venue education teams to maximise schools’ engagement and venue attendance;
* Manage and report on any delegated resource allocation;
* Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by line manager.
* To promote and uphold Visible Fictions’ mission and values at all times
* To work as part of the Visible Fictions’ team, involving additional duties as and when required to support colleagues
* To practice & promote an equitable, accessible and non-discriminatory approach to work at all times
* To represent Visible Fictions in relevant networks and partnerships and promote the organisation’s role, work and priorities
Essential Skills and Qualities Sought
* Knowledge of Scotland’s creative learning and education sector
* Knowledge of Scotland’s Curriculum for Excellence
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills and Qualities Sought
* Full driving licence
Location: The role is flexible and you will be enabled to work both at home and from the company’s centre of Glasgow office. Occasionally you may be expected to undertake work in other areas of Scotland.
Reports to: Producer
Salary: £24,000 (Pro-rata 3/5 days) + 4.5% pension contribution and 25 days holiday allocation (Pro-rata 3/5 days)
Hours: 3 days (24 hours) per week, normally all within 9-5 Monday-Friday, applications for reduced hours or flexible working are welcomed. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Location: Glasgow City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Laura Penny – Producer) or call 0141 221 8727.
The deadline is Friday 22nd October 2021 at 10:00.