Summerhall is looking for an experienced Visual Manager to plan, manage and deliver a high-quality programme of exhibitions and events throughout the year.
Job Title: Visual Arts Manager
Salary: £22-24K, depending on experience
Deadline: 5pm Friday 30th July 2021
Main Purpose of the Role
– Exhibitions Planning; planning the diary and deadlines.
– Initial Technical assessment of Exhibition viability
– Managing install, logistics and transportation
– Set and Manage budgets for the exhibitions
– Recruitment, Training and Line Management of Gallery Assistants
– Planning and Programming the Visual Arts events programme; openings, seminars, talks, performances etc.
– Raising Monies to support the Exhibitions programme through Grants, Fundraising and Sponsorship as well as supporting affiliated artists to do the same.
– Project and Event management: administration and logistics
– Artist Liaison and Communication, to plan install, set timescales and manage expectations
– Initial Technical assessment of Exhibition viability within set budget or resources
– Arranging timely and suitable transport of art works, including Arrival and Departure Condition Reports
– Maintaining the relationship with key partners: organisations, charities, universities, artists and curators
– Press and Marketing planning and implementation, to ensure coverage, awareness and attendance; social media, website, print and brochures
– Audience Information; preparation of handouts and interpretation materials for the exhibitions.
– Artist and Public Engagement Programme; establish a programme of events that increase artist and audience engagement in Summerhall exhibitions
– Recruitment and Management of Gallery Assistant on Exhibition and Events, including training, rota, and ensuring they are up to date with interpretation and maintenance requirements of exhibitions.
– Supervising and facilitating Summerhall Artist Development programme, supporting the emerging and established artists.
Application Process and Deadline
Please send a CV, covering letter and monitoring form detailing your skills and suitability for this position to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 30th July 2021, with the word VISUAL ARTS MANAGER in the subject line.
Please visit our website for the full job description and to download our Equal Ops Monitoring Form, which should be returned alongside your application
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Rowan Campbell), or call 01315601582, or visit https://www.summerhall.co.uk/