We are looking for a talented digital reporter to join our team to serve STV News audiences across our web and social channels. The focus of the role is to produce trusted and engaging content – and to effectively promote it to audiences on digital platforms. You will have a strong understanding of social media distribution and the tools and techniques required to monitor and improve performance on key services such as Facebook and Instagram.
You will be an experienced digital journalist with a knowledge of SEO techniques, digital publishing best practice and a keen understanding of how to meet audience needs on social platforms. You will also have great ideas and reporting nous.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about news, excited about digital opportunities and comfortable with the pace of newsroom change. STV News is built on teamwork and you will need to establish strong and effective relationships with colleagues to help deliver Scotland’s most engaging, trusted and accessible digital news service.
– Strong understanding of what audiences want from news on digital and social media channels
– Detailed knowledge of Scottish news, politics, current affairs and social trends
– Practical experience on working in a high volume, fast-paced daily news environment
– Digital publishing experience including working with content management systems, social media dashboards, real-time analytics and SEO
– Confidence in using digital storytelling techniques to create compelling content
– Basic knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere
– Core reporting skills, sound editorial judgement and an awareness of legal, ethical and regulatory considerations
– Skills & Experience:A sound understanding of legal, ethical and regulatory considerations
– Strong editorial judgement
– Demonstrable knowledge of social media platforms, SEO techniques and editorial monitoring tools
– Team worker with a collaborative mindset and good communication skills
– Resilient and enthusiastic in the face of regular change
– Passionate and informed about journalism and industry trends
– Creative, confident and committed to getting the job done
If you have a demonstrable track record of delivery in a related role, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send your CV and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
– 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras scheme.
– An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
– Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
– Company pension contribution.
– Cycle to work scheme.
– Season ticket travel loan.
– On-site occupational health service.
– Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
We’re happy to talk about hybrid working to help you balance work, life, and to achieve your goals in both – we’re focused on creating an inclusive working environment where colleagues can collaborate, create and thrive to deliver results and perform at their best.
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: 09 November 2021