A ScreenSkills bursary is a cash grant to remove the obstacles to getting into the screen industries or progressing your career once you’re in. You can apply for money to pay for most things that relate to work and continuing professional development, such as training fees, accommodation, care, disability access costs, equipment, software and travel. Read the bursary guidelines to understand exactly what’s covered.
Bursaries are supported by the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds, by industry contributions to the Animation, Children’s TV, Film, High-end TV and Unscripted Skills Funds.
We aim to offer funding wherever possible, but we cannot promise that all applications will be successful.
How to apply
Before you apply, please make sure you can confirm that all the following statements are accurate:
- I have read the bursary guidelines and the information in each step
- I have identified my career stage (Step 1)
- I have checked the funding level for my identified career stage (Step 2)
- I have evidence of my career stage as outlined in the guidelines (Step 3)
- I have a copy of my CV and a 500-word personal statement (Step 3)
- I have evidence of my costs (Step 4)
- If I receive a provisional offer, I will be able to provide proof of ID and a UK bank account
Apply before May 31, 2024