Scottish Dance Theatre is looking to meet DANCERS to collaborate with the company in a range of projects over the next seasons.
One year and project-based contracts from January 2023 are available.
We are looking for professional dancers who are…
· Movers with a strong physical and performance practice.
· Inquisitive and deeply interested in research and creative processes.
· Autonomous, with a sense of their artistic voice, who thrive working autonomously in a supported environment.
· Generous and sensitive to the needs of other individuals and the group, passionate about collaboration and sharing with others.
· Engaged, with a desire to contribute actively to the development of the company’s working practice, and support its ongoing journey towards social and environmental justice.
Under the direction of Joan Clevillé since 2019, Scottish Dance Theatre is invested in expanding the notion of repertory dance company. The company works with a diverse pool of dancers on a permanent, fixed-term and project basis, allowing it to respond flexibly to the nature of each project.
We are interested in meeting professional dancers of different ages, abilities and backgrounds, and particularly welcome applications from those who are currently under-represented in the dance sector and those who have not considered working with a repertory dance company before. Complementary skills such as facilitation, teaching, work in communities or discursive practice are also valued and desirable.
Scotland-based dancers attending the audition in Dundee:
We want to support Scotland-based dancers to take part in the audition by reimbursing their travel expenses from elsewhere in Scotland to Dundee. If invited to the audition, we will contact you about reimbursement.
Please note that this audition is by invitation only.
Application Deadline: Friday 26 August 2022
Audition in Dundee: Saturday 24 September 2022
Audition in London: Saturday 1 October 2022 with a recall on Sunday 2 Oct
If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01382 342 605.