Website Scotland Can Do
About the Company
“Launched in 2013 by the Scottish Government, and co-created by Partners across the public, private and third sectors, Scotland Can Do is a national endeavour to accelerate entrepreneurship and innovation. It is founded on the recognition that if we are to achieve sustainable economic growth and create opportunities for everyone to flourish, then we must work together to tackle our biggest challenges.
Scotland Can Do is housed by The Entrepreneurial Scotland Foundation (ESF), a leadership development organisation providing opportunities for like-minded, ambitious individuals to share experiences and develop their skills. We aim to inspire, develop, and connect Scotland’s current and future leaders to build the most entrepreneurial society in the world.
ESF is just one part of Scotland’s rich enterprise support ‘ecosystem’ that work together to enable entrepreneurs and innovators to flourish. Over 70 of these organisations make up the Scotland Can Do Collective and share the ‘Scotland Can Do’ ambition. Since 2018, The Scottish Government has resourced a dedicated Scotland Can Do Operations team within ESF, whose role is to convene, nurture and showcase the Scotland Can Do Collective, championing the ‘Scotland Can Do’ ambition on a national and global scale.
More information on the Scotland Can Do vision and values can be found HERE.
Scotland Can Do has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with strong organisational and communication skills to join the team to help grow brand loyalty and awareness amongst existing and future Scotland Can Do Partners. In this position, you will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of the Scotland Can Do operational plan through communicating the impact and updates of Partners’ work through online marketing channels, email marketing, website content and other communication routes. This plan is produced each year and will set out the key activities and outcomes that the Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for delivering, together with the wider Scotland Can Do team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Ownership of our Marketing Output:
Develop an overarching digital marketing plan with clear outcomes and deliverables. Working alongside the wider Scotland Can Do team, the plan will be focused on;
- Identifying and ensuring the delivery of timely communications and content to existing Collective Partners
- Appropriate communications and marketing activity to attract new Partners to the Collective
- Effectively communicating the successes of the Collective and impact of collaborations to wider stakeholders
- Maximise the potential of the Scotland Can Do brand, including positioning the Collective as an exciting, engaging community that are positively impacting Scotland
Manage and maintain social media presence
- Communicate with existing Partners to ensure engagement in the community and programmatic events on offer
Review and report on marketing performance
- Show curiosity towards the success of specific campaigns to acutely understand what our audiences respond best to
- Build a profile of the Scotland Can Do audiences to better meet their expectations around communication style and content
Work with existing marketing support
- Work alongside marketing and website consultants for Scotland Can Do to maximise output of work
- Support team members with generating blogs and partner updates
Manage and update websites (WordPress)
- Manage front-end content to ensure it reflects key messages and ensure our back-end functionality works as desired to support delivery
Ownership of Newsletter communications
- Review existing schedule and content and create a plan for newsletters moving forward
Basic data management
- Update CRM system (Salesforce) with Partner records as changes in profile are shared with us and new partners are onboarded
Bring creative practice
- Scotland Can Do is looking for fresh eyes and perspectives to breathe new life into their campaigns. You’ll plan and execute new marketing and communications ideas which shout the Scotland Can Do message and position the Collective as the place for learning and growth amongst entrepreneurial support organisations in Scotland
- Participate in training opportunities and attend Entrepreneurial Scotland and Scotland Can Do Collective events as part of your personal development
- Continue to develop the Scotland Can Do processes. Identify opportunities for automation, streamlining and improved customer experience
- Work closely with the Database Administrator to maximise the effectiveness of the programmes and promote the impact it achieves
This role is primarily remote/home-based but you will be able to access office space in Glasgow if preferred. You will also be required to occasionally attend in-person meetings, primarily in Glasgow. Scotland Can Do offers flexible working patterns to suit individual circumstances.
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Scotland, giving you access to key individuals and organisations within business and government. You’ll join a small, yet dynamic core team where ideas for improvement are always welcome, and in which you’ll have the opportunity to grow and upskill in your role. Scotland Can Do is a very hands-on team in which each member is encouraged to contribute and make their mark.
Training will be given on any Scotland Can Do-specific systems and processes during induction and you will be managed and supported within an enthusiastic and collaborative young team.
The Scotland Can Do team are keen to find someone who wants to grow and test their existing skills in a safe and nurturing environment. They’re looking for folk who will give new things and don’t shy away from learning. This role will suit an individual who has a natural flair for marketing and communications and understands how to use marketing platforms to promote brand identity and foster engagement. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, the ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and basic analytical skills.
The ideal candidate will readily understand the potential of the Scotland Can Do brand and be passionate about putting forward new ideas and approaches to maximise reach. You may apply regardless of your academic background and applications from those returning to the workforce after a career break will also be welcomed.
- Have a creative personality and can convert ideas into actionable plans
- Good at relationship-building and working with others
- An enthusiasm to learn and explore new opportunities
- Ability to self-manage time and workload
- Curious, organised and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
- Confident written and verbal communications
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc, ideally in a business or promotional context
- Have worked in a marketing capacity in the past: either within an organisation or consulting with businesses/projects on their marketing provision
- Enjoy a fast-paced, hands-on role in a busy team
- Have knowledge and understanding of SEO and use of Google Analytics (training can be given)
- Have knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Experience developing/implementing marketing strategies
- Have knowledge of Salesforce or another CRM (training will be given)
- Have an eye for technical working through back and front-end website design and functionality