Website North Lands Creative
North Lands Creative is seeking talented and passionate artists to co-develop and deliver bespoke, community-focused innovative projects with local communities, associate partners, community groups, and schools that will take part in the Alastair Pilkington Studio and our new Makerspace.
Job Title : Artist Educator / Socially Engaged Artist
Fee : £35.00 per hour – workshop delivery and a set fee for preparation, evaluation and attending meetings
Location : Lybster/ locations in Caithness
We can offer accommodation for artists who may not be located in Caithness.
Through our creative learning work, we use the arts to enable artists and communities to explore the world we live in, and to challenge inequality. Our work depends on the passion, commitment and drive of artists, community groups, leaders, activists and funders who believe in the power of the arts to illuminate our world.
We wish to expand our pool of artists by inviting dynamic Socially Engaged Artists and Artist Educators, who have a minimum of three years’ experience of working with communities, groups, and schools to apply. We are looking for artists who have experience in co-creating and creative learning to explore social and political issues.
The first set of activities we wish to commission artists to undertake will take place late October – November 2021.
Eligibility, skills & experience
– Scotland residents at time of application.
– Have experience in a visual, craft or design medium including (but not an exhaustive list) glass, crafts, 3D-design, graphic design & illustration, sculpture, photography and broader visual arts based work.
– A minimum of three years’ experience delivering co-designed issue-based socially engaged projects with communities and groups.
– Confident leading education-focused or co-designed creative projects.
– Great communication skills.
– Have experience of planning and delivering engaging and inspiring participatory workshops.
– Experience of project planning, working within budget, and working to deadlines.
– Able to produce high-quality creative outcomes in collaboration with project participants and community members.
– Champion accessibility and inclusivity.
– Willing to travel to various locations in Caithness.
How to Apply
Please submit the following:
– An introductory letter (two-pages) outlining your suitability for the position of Artist Educator or Socially Engaged Artist – within an example of a successful project you delivered – we are interested in your skills, ideas, project development; how you connected with the participants; your creative methodology; the impact of the project; the creative outcomes and what you learned from the project.
– Submit five images which document the creative projects you delivered.
– A two-page CV with two referees.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 8th October 2021
Supported by the Scottish Government Community and Third Sector Recovery Programme and Creative Scotland.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from Black and Global Majority, disabled and LGBTQI+ candidates who are under-represented across the sector.