Website Love Electric
About the Company
“Love Electric is an exciting Edinburgh-based startup. The business runs a scheme much like the ‘bike-to-work’ scheme, but for electric vehicles (EVs). Employers sign up to the scheme for free, and this gives employees the ability to order a brand new pure EV, and lease it for up to 50% less than it would ordinarily cost, via salary sacrifice.
The company was founded by Steve Tigar, an experienced Edinburgh-based entrepreneur, and former CEO of award-winning Money Dashboard Ltd. The company has secured startup investment from TechStart VC plus angel investors. The company and the team is expected to grow quickly over the next 3 years.”
Find out more about Love Electric HERE.
Love Electric is seeking a Marketing and Communications Executive to join their team. Important to this role will be an interest in marketing, and learning how to create amazing content that generates traffic via search engines. Being able to follow a process that works is essential, and monitoring impact is also important. The successful candidate will receive in-depth training in these areas, so an appetite for learning is more important than existing knowledge.
Your typical tasks would include:
- Contribute to Love Electric’s marketing strategy, working with others in the team and possibly external experts and consultants using knowledge of emerging marketing channels, digital capability and automation.
- Assist with creating effective and high-performing written content for social media and Love Electric’s website.
- Promote Love Electric through a range of channels, including social media, PR, events, editorial and digital communications
Love Electric also intends to provide extensive support for any applicant, through providing opportunities in:
- Listening Skills: Love Electric will ease you in with an induction programme to familiarise you with the business
- Setting goals and achieving goals: Daily morning meetings via zoom – to review progress and set goals
- Technology: One to one training as required covering Love Electric’s core tech platforms and system
- Presentation and Leadership: When you have gained some experience with Love Electric, they will ask you to host a short session via zoom on a relevant marketing topic of your choosing that you will feel will be helpful to the Love Electric team
- Continuous Learning: Monthly coaching session to help you identify areas you are enjoying, areas you’d like to grow in and formal training needs. You will be encouraged and supported in stretching yourself
- Networking: We will help you to connect with relevant people in Love Electric’s network who may also be able to support you in your career goals
The role can be home-based, but if you live in Edinburgh, Love Electric will have an office base from early 2022.
In a startup, it’s essential to be committed and willing to roll your sleeves up. Most important to Love Electric, however, is that their team comprises people with a great attitude.
With this in mind, it’s crucial you:
- Have a desire to learn
- Are willing to work hard
- Want to produce work that is of the highest standard
- Want others in your team to succeed
- Take responsibility
We have found that people like this are like gold dust – and make the best employees.
Other requirements are:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and enjoy generating ideas
- Being willing to complete the required placement training, as well as continue to build your skills and knowledge via additional training that will be identified throughout the duration of the placement
- You are interested and supportive of the UK’s goals to decarbonise transport and reach net-zero targets.
Bonus points if you have:
- An interest (even passion for) EVs
- Graphic design skills
- Confidence to produce written content in the form of blogs
Don’t be put off if you feel you don’t match up to everything above. Training can be provided for areas you are less confident in. Love Electric is simply looking for someone who is willing to grow and learn, and have a positive attitude in this role.
If all of this is music to your ears, we want to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.