Heehaw is hiring for our next animator!
We at Heehaw are looking for an animation whizz (or two) to help one of Scotland’s most exciting animation studios continue to grow. Working with our talented team of illustrators, producers and directors, we are looking for an animator who can collaborate and inspire, to take our work to the next level.
From educational cartoons for kids to long-form adult-themed documentary sequences, Heehaw works with a variety of global clients; including the United Nations, BBC, Red Bull and the National Museums of Scotland. Whether it’s animating the adventures of a squad of deaf ninjas, a day in the life of an Egyptian priest, bringing to life the physical embodiment of a hydro dam as a highland gentleman, or a series to raise awareness of the dangers of flooding for the World Meteorological Organization, Heehaw’s projects are always varied and dynamic.
Check out our animation reel here to get a feel for the variety of animation and illustration that we produce.
The animator we’re looking for will have:
– Experience and skill in creating short form 2D animations in After Effects. We are looking for a candidate who can show a range of animation techniques, skills and wizardry, including character animation and snappy motion graphics.
– Strong skills in Adobe applications; After Effects and Premiere Pro are essential
– Experience and panache in expressive character animation, and a good knowledge of plugins like Duik, Rubberhose and Joysticks and Sliders
– Experience using Cinema4D, or experience in cel animation in Photoshop or Animate would be hugely preferential
– The creative confidence to steer projects, pitches, proposals, and longer term development projects, with skills in communicating your ideas and vision to colleagues
– Experience in helping develop pitches, including styleframes, conceptual ideas, and pitch decks and seeing your ideas through from concept to animation
– Relevant experience in an in-house animation position is beneficial
– Design or illustration experience would be a useful asset, though not essential
This position is potentially remote, if the right candidate applies – provided you are based in the UK and can work office hours of 9-5 GMT.
We are also on the lookout for a producer who can run animation projects. So if you also have experience of producing and directing animations, managing the client relationship and helping write and develop visual scripts, we are very keen to hear about these skills too.
– Full-time position
– 12 month contract with a view to extend
– Salary range: £24,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience
– References required
Application deadline: October 15th, 2021 by midday
IMPORTANT – Please send along your portfolio / showreel, your salary expectations, and examples of animations that you have created (or produced and directed) – your application must include ‘Animator Application’ in the subject line, else it may be missed – to email@example.com