Website Hearts & Minds
We are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to join our Board of Directors.
Hearts & Minds aim to improve health and wellbeing one smile at a time by providing extraordinary creative arts programmes.
We achieve our aim through two specialist arts-in-health programmes; Clowndoctors who work with children and young people in hospitals, hospices and education settings and Elderflowers who work with participants who are living with dementia in a care setting.
We are interested in people from all walks of life to bring fresh thinking, skills and knowledge to our organisation but especially those who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Working in the arts or background in the creative sector
• Those who work in Health or Social Care
• Experience of marketing and communication including using social media effectively
• Experience of fundraising in the third sector
• Knowledge and understanding of project evaluation
We require dynamic and motivated people who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of Hearts & Minds to fulfil these voluntary duties. We expect Trustees to contribute actively to the Board by inputting into the strategic direction; helping to set policy; defining goals and setting targets; evaluating performance; ensuring the charity’s effective and efficient administration and financial stability.
Trustees are expected to:
• Attend Board meetings approximately 4 times per year and one annual planning day. Currently meetings are
held virtually by video, but it is hoped to move to hybrid meetings soon based in Edinburgh City Centre.
• Get involved in support work including fixed term projects and subgroups.
• Contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis; and
• Attend events and be an Ambassador for Hearts and Minds.
Appointments are generally for an initial period of 3 years. Board Members are voluntary and unpaid.
We particularly encourage applications from people who are ethnically and culturally diverse, and who experience racism in our society, women, disabled people , those from LGBTQI+ community, people from a working class background, young people under 30. We are committed to becoming a more diverse and inclusive board and wish to ensure that those who have been under-represented in the past are included at a board level and reflect the breadth of people who access Hearts & Minds services and Scottish society.
If you are enthused and energised by the opportunity to work with an inclusive and ambitious team, please send a CV and covering letter or a video covering the same information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Board
Application by 29th November 2021.