Glasgow Short Film Festival
Hybrid, office-based (G5 8BH) and WFH as required by the post-holder
Salary: £25,000 pro rata (0.6)
Planned start date: 08/01/24
Planned end date: 05/04/24
Proposed working hours and pattern:
21 hours per week. Working pattern is flexible, however some evening and weekend hours will be required, particularly during festival week (20-24 March 2024) for which TOIL will be allocated.
5pm on 29 November 2023
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on the closing date, quoting ‘GSFF Guest Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Please apply as soon as possible in advance of the closing date, as late applications will not be accepted.
GLASGOW SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
Glasgow Short Film Festival, the leading short film event in Scotland, hosts an inclusive community of filmmakers and film lovers, showcasing ground-breaking works of visual storytelling. We aim to nurture and inspire diverse forms of cinematic expression, in Scotland and around the world. The festival is an internationally respected arts event run by a small tight-knit team.
The Guest Coordinator will contribute significantly to the delivery of Glasgow Short Film Festival 2024. Each year the festival welcomes 300 guests and industry delegates to the city. The main responsibility of the post in the lead up to the festival is to coordinate guest travel (including any visa requirements), accommodation and hospitality arrangements as well as industry delegate registration.
During the festival the Festival Coordinator will manage festival drivers and guest desk volunteers, and liaise with box office staff, hotels, restaurants and venues, as well as working at events and receptions in several festival venues.
- Travel and accommodation booking for festival guests
- Coordinating visas for overseas guests where required
- Hospitality booking, such as restaurants, caterers, etc.
- Coordinating accreditation for industry attendees
- Managing festival driver and their schedule
- Data entry, maintaining records and generating reports in Filmchief festival database
- Handling email communications with invited filmmakers and other festival guests
- Event delivery/coordination tasks as required
- Experience of working in a coordinator role in a festival environment or similar
- The ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Computer literate, ideally on both Mac and PC, and Microsoft Office
- Positive, outgoing and resourceful attitude, a good communicator
- A passion for film
- Experience of managing staff or volunteers
The holiday allowance for this position is 4.5 days, to include any public holidays during the period of employment. The post-holder will be required to work every day of the festival week, including some evenings, for which they will take Time Off In Lieu during the final week of the contract.