Website Buzz Magazine
We are looking for a dynamic Digital Journalism Apprentice to join our team to support our social media and communications.
The role of the digital journalism apprentice will be a key position at Buzz. Working closely with the Editor and Marketing and Communications Manager, this is a new role in an expanding team charged with managing the tone and language needed to connect with our community, clients and cultural partners as we develop and further expand the business.
We are looking for someone who is creative and has clear written, technical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be culturally aware, and will have an interest in Welsh culture, the arts, music, lifestyle and community issues. You will need to be able to engage our community in a fun and informative manner, whilst keeping ahead of trends, and always thinking creatively when planning and creating content.
The duration of the apprenticeship is 18 months and entails studying for your NCTJ (National Council for the Training of Journalists) Level 3 Diploma. This will be undertaken through Cardiff and Vale College. Following the successful completion of your apprenticeship, and passing your NCTJ exams, we hope to develop the role further within the business.
- Manage and execute timely and impactful digital stories and communications campaigns on Buzz’s platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) – scheduling social media posts using Hootsuite.
- Create targeted content that brings Buzz’s stories alive, published articles, client advertising and advertorial using text posts, video, images, ‘story’ functions and the latest digital techniques.
- Contribute to writing the weekly newsletter.
- Write editorial content to support marketing campaigns and general editorial for all platforms.
- Keep track of data and help analyse the performance of campaigns to provide regular reports with insights and analytical data that informs the team on engagement, reach, trends and the most popular content on our social media channels.
- Promote Buzz’s products, services, and content over social media, in a way that is consistent with the organisation’s overall marketing, brand and social media strategy.
- Engage the community through storytelling and digital journalism.
- Support the development of new content strategies and campaigns that are in line with new trends.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the company to ensure branding and messaging is consistent.
- Attend meetings (as required) with clients and other stakeholders (such as social media influencers). These meetings may involve pitching potential social media/digital marketing campaigns.
- Work pro-actively and positively with the team to research and test new working methods that fully embrace the ever-changing world of marketing, publishing, advertising and digital.
- Proven work experience in digital marketing and social media content
- An interest in Welsh culture
- Proven writing and editing skills in English
- Experience in creating marketing content with packages such as Mailchimp
- A good understanding of collaborative tools including Google Workspace, Slack and Trello
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research
- Attention to detail
- Minimum Five GCSEs required. Higher qualifications are desirable but not essential
- A good understanding of video and audio production and editing technologies
- A good understanding of Google Analytics
- Welsh Speaker
Hours: 30 hours per week (potential for 40 hours)
Salary: This is an apprenticeship so it depends on age. More info
Application deadline: 12.00pm, Friday 11th February 2022
Interview dates: Wednesday 16th February 2022
Start date: Monday 28th February 2022
This position is currently home based but regular team meetings will take place online and in some circumstances in person in Covid safe environments.
The successful applicant will initially be on a 3 month trial.
To Apply, send your C.V. and/or a portfolio of your work along with a cover letter detailing why you feel you’re the best fit for this role to email@example.com