Website Creative Edinburgh
Who are we?
Creative Edinburgh is a community-led social enterprise that aims to help support the creative community thrive in the city and beyond. Our community of over 5000 members is made up of freelancers, students and start-ups, and it is through our events, initiatives, and mentoring scheme that we seek to connect these creative makers and thinkers to come together, share their stories and skills.
We help creative people connect and thrive, by:
– Building communities, through our popular events programme.
– Driving growth and finding pathways to learning and skills development.
– Advocating for creativity locally, nationally and internationally.
– Supporting professional development and wellbeing of our members.
– Our community spans a range of creative professionals, from graphic designers, illustrators and animators to jewellery makers, fashion designers and ceramicists, to writers, digital marketers and creative tech developers, located in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Creative Edinburgh is a Creative Scotland Regularly Funded Organisation (RFO) for 2018-2022. We are also a major partner on the Creative Informatics programme, led by the University of Edinburgh and in partnership with CodeBase and Edinburgh Napier University.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our executive team. We are a small, close-knit team and you’ll be playing an important role in supporting the growth of our creative community. You’ll be a team player with a passion for creative networks and ideas for community-based activity.
What will you be doing?
The Community Manager ensures that our organisation is fundamentally member-led and member-driven. You will support creative practitioners and small businesses in Edinburgh to allow them to become sustainable and grow economically, socially, environmentally and culturally. You will do so in keeping with the mission and values of Creative Edinburgh.
>>> Please check out the full job description here.
What do we need from you?
– Meticulous organisational and coordinating abilities.
– Excellent relationship-building and collaboration skills.
– Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
– Ability to multitask and prioritise assignments in the face of multiple duties.
– Excellent time management and ability to work as part of a team.
– Excellent Knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software packages.
– Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, to the right quality and on cost.
Bonus points if you have:
– Experience in working with membership organisations.
– Good understanding of Edinburgh’s creative industry landscape.
– Existing knowledge of industry networks.
– Existing knowledge of finance and admin, team management, HR, business planning or policy & strategy.
– Experience in events and project management.
What will you get?
– £24,000 FTE per annum.
– A contract until the end of March 2023 (extension possible subject to funding).
– 3-day working week (24 hours, 8 hours per day, flexible).
– 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays (pro-rata).
– Pension scheme available.
How do you apply?
At Creative Edinburgh, we believe that diversity is a genuine asset in every part of life and that no one should be held back by their background or culture. It is our responsibility to ensure that our team and our community reflects this by being inclusive, equal, diverse and fair. If this resonates with you, then we want to hear from you.
We hire by posting a job description on our website and other online job platforms.
Please complete our Community Manager Application Form and attach your CV (no more than 3 pages please).
The closing date for this role is Monday 29 November 2021 at 5pm with interviews the week commencing Monday 6 December 2021.
To apply for the role please download and complete the application form and return it to email@example.com with ‘Community Manager’ and your name in the subject line, along with your CV.
You can also optionally complete the Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form and return it along with your application.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you would like to submit your application in an alternative format please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place in person at our studio, exact dates to be confirmed.