Website YWCA The Young Women's Movement Scotland
If you’re a powerful communicator passionate about creating social change, join us as our Communications Coordinator to help us on our mission to build a fairer Scotland for all women and girls!
This new exciting role will be responsible for all external and internal communications and the delivery of digital and marketing campaigns.
This role is fixed term for 12 months, extension subject to securing funding.
Main responsibilities include:
- Promoting strong feminist leadership through digital and social media to increase awareness of equality issues from a feminist perspective
- Developing and delivering our internal and external communications strategy
- Communicating with members and stakeholders through our digital and social media channels
- Communicating news and updates with the national print and online media through press releases and proactive engagement with key journalists
- Using digital and social media to promote awareness of our work
- Designing and delivering digital campaigns
- Leading on the updating our website
- Managing our Feminist Bloggers Network and The Importance of Being Feminist Podcast
- Working with agreed budgets and resource allocations and assisting with income generation
- Supporting and mentoring our pool of talented social media and blog volunteers, and providing them with training opportunities
- Meeting high standards of professional practice in digital media
- Working with our Research and Impact Manager to create content to enable us to share key data, takeaways, and highlights of our work through our newsletter, website, and social channels
- Working directly with our Business Development Manager to support with the creation of content for fundraising, giving, and income generation campaigns
- Reporting on key stats on website traffic, social media traffic, and newsletter traffic to the wider team, which will contribute to key strategic decision-making
- Supporting the work of the organisation in any other appropriate ways
Why you should want to work with us?
- Salary £26,526
- We operate a 4-day working week, which means full time is 28 hours
- We offer flexible working options and patterns, including the option to work remotely from anywhere in Scotland
- Our annual leave entitlement is 27.5 days a year, including public holidays
- We are committed to supporting staff development through training and coaching opportunities
- Wellbeing and mental health support are our priorities, all of our staff can access counselling and mental health sick days
To apply upload your CV and complete a short application form here.
Deadline 9 am on 30 May with interviews w/b 13 June.