Website BUZZ Network
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
ARTISTS LAB 2
Form and Aesthetics of Co-creative Work with Young People
Applications are now open for the second BUZZ Artists Lab. Find out more below, then follow the links to submit your application.
As part of the BUZZ project we will host five multinational training labs. These international exchanges will be a unique opportunity to learn, share and develop your professional practice with other artists and cultural leaders from across Europe. Artists Labs are for professional directors and artists who create performance work with young people, each Artists’ Lab will focus on a different topic in contemporary youth theatre practice.
The second Artists Training Lab will be held at Theater Bremen in Bremen, Germany, from 14th – 19th October 2022.
This five-day programme will offer professional youth theatre artists the chance to explore what makes an outstanding performance. Asking:
- what themes and aesthetic impulses do we see reflected?
- what are we missing?
- what do we need more of to ensure that we are continuing to evolve and challenge ourselves and our practice?
Working alongside a number of german artists who are known for their extraordinary aesthetic style, the participants will take part in workshops and also be invited to see and discuss several performances at Theater Bremen and meet the creative teams.
Applications will be open from 11th July – 19th August 2022.
Find out more about Artists Lab 1, and read what participants had to say about it, here.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN DURING THE ARTISTS LAB?
- Theater Bremen with its Youth Theatre Company “Junge Akteur*innen” will be the central hub and host for Lab participants. The Participants will get to know this unique organisation well through performances and collaborations throughout the week.
- Participants will take part in a series of workshops with remarkable German youth theatre makers, to gain an insight in their practice and discuss various approaches and aesthetic decisions. Including choreographer Birgit Freitag, who developed several award winning performances with non-professional young dancers.
- Participants will also have enough space to gain insights into their work, methods and best practices via workshops, debates and presentations in peer-to-peer groups.
- High quality insights into international youth theatre best practice across Europe.
- Exploring the diversity of youth theatre practice across Europe, through peer-to-peer learning and group work.
- Developing your artistic and professional practice, broadening your network and increasing your confidence of working internationally.
- Travel, accommodation and meals throughout the lab will be provided, where required.
WHO WILL TAKE PART
Up to 17 artists from across Europe will be selected for this training opportunity:
- 2 artists from each of Scotland, Ireland, Belgium & Norway will be selected.
- 4 artists from Germany will be selected.
- There will be 5 places available for artists applying from elsewhere in Europe.
Applicants will be selected who meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.
Training Labs are open to theatre artists who:
- Create work with young people.
- Want to develop their artistic practice and can demonstrate how the opportunity to work internationally will enhance this.
- Can demonstrate how the Lab’s theme ‘Form and Aesthetics of Co-creative Work with Young People’ will be of particular benefit to their practice.
- Are able to attend all dates of the Lab between 14 – 19 October 2022 in Bremen, Germany. (Additional travel days may be required.)
- Are based in the European Union, or another eligible country, including UK. More details here.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to take part in the BUZZ Artist Lab complete the application form, linked here, by 12pm (CEST) on Friday 19 August 2022. You will be informed of the outcome of your application by Friday 26 August 2022.
Please note the event will be run in English only, and all applications should be submitted in English. The programme of the Artist Lab is subject to change.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com
Future Labs will take place in Norway and Scotland in 2023. Further details will be available soon.