As part of our Creative Development programme, we are offering two funded places for d/Deaf and/or disabled artists based in Scotland to attend BIBU Festival for children in Helsingborg, Sweden from 15 – 18 May 2024. The selected artists will join a small group from Scotland and six d/Deaf and/or disabled artists based in Sweden for an international exchange exploring disabled-led performances for children. The group will watch performances, attend delegate events and take part in a Lab with internationally renowned choreographer, speaker and disability arts leader, Caroline Bowditch.
In partnership with BIBU Festival we are offering the selected artists:
- a fee of £550
- £40 per diems per day, including any travel days
- Hotel accommodation in Helsingborg
- 8 hours of workshop with Caroline Bowditch (2 hours per day from 15 – 18 May)
- A Festival pass to see shows and attend delegate events
- All travel including getting to and from the airport in Sweden and Scotland
There is a separate budget to cover access costs, if you would like to talk about that before applying please email Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director or call the office on 0131 225 8050.
How to apply
To apply please send an email to email@example.com (with BIBU Festival Exchange 2024 as the subject title) telling us:
- Where you are based in Scotland.
- Confirming that you are available from 14 – 18 May 2024.
- What your main artistic practice is (theatre maker, choreographer, performer etc).
And sending us a couple of sentences in answer to these two questions:
- Why you would like to take part in this opportunity?
- What is your interest and/or experience with theatre and dance for young audiences?
The call out document details how you can apply by audio file, BSL film or writing.