Website The 62 Group of Textile Artists
The 62 Group are inviting textile artists to apply for a two-year Associate Membership that includes financial support, mentoring and exhibitions.
Closing date: 1 Jun 2022
The 62 Group are inviting emerging/early career textile artists to apply for a two-year Associate Membership that includes financial support, mentoring to develop their practice and exhibitions with a renowned international textile group.
Associate Membership will be offered to two emerging/early career textile artists in 2022 who demonstrate excellence in their creative practice and who can show how they will benefit from the supported opportunity to be a contributing member of the 62 Group artists’ collective.
The aim of the 62 Group of Textile Artists is to open access to professional practice for emerging/early career textile artists by increasing opportunities to progress in their field. By inviting creative conversations and making connections between established and rising artists, we hope to increase the visibility of textile art.
Who can apply for Associate Membership?
The 62 Group award is for all emerging/early career textile artists. The award is aimed at opening access to a professional textile practice. We encourage applications from people of all genders, backgrounds and communities, particularly from underrepresented groups such as minority ethnic backgrounds.
What will Associate Membership give me?
● An award of £500 per year (£1000 in total) to cover expenses incurred whilst you are a 62 Group Associate Member. This might include travel expenses to see your mentor, travel to 62 Group exhibitions, or to buy tools/materials for your practice.
● Free Associate Membership of the 62 Group of Textile Artists (usually costs £50 per year)
● Artist profile on the 62 Group website
● Support from a 62 Group ‘friend’.
● Targeted mentorship from other 62 Group members
● Regular networking meetings with 62 Group members.
● The opportunity to exhibit in 62 Group exhibitions with no submission or hanging fees (usually costs £20 per work per exhibition).
● The opportunity to apply for full membership with advice on selecting and presenting work for new members selection.
● No membership fees for the first year of full 62 Group membership (usually costs £50 per year)
Opportunity provided by:
The 62 Group of Textile Artists
The 62 Group of Textile ArtistsLearn More