Design your Practice with Rachael Brown, Edinburgh
8 x 3hr face to face weekly group programme sessions 6pm – 9pm
7 x 90 minute weekly assignments
Do you want your creative business or practice to achieve more? Does orientating and establishing yourself seem overwhelming? Or have you been going for some time and feel that things aren’t happening? Design Your Practice is an 8-week programme led by established creative entrepreneurs. Working on your own can be intimidating, whatever your creative industry. As well as developing your creative offer you need to master the essential elements of business administration, planning, finance, pricing and marketing. Design Your Practice is for those who have potential but need some focused, structured specialist support to help set and achieve goals and to move to the next level.
DYP is an opportunity to learn skills and develop insight that will help you make decisions and action them, and to equip you with a raft of tools and competencies you can use now and in the future to keep yourself and your business on track as you realise your goals.
The programme is suitable for:
- Creative and social businesses who are seeking to become more focussed, resourceful and sustainable.
- Established creative and social businesses who are plateauing or have established a need to shift.
- Pre-start up creative and social businesses who have a business idea which requires testing.
- A better understanding of your business and its goals
- Tools and strategies to take your business forward, including financial, marketing and branding
- A set of next steps for your business or practice
- Clarity around your offer and a solid sense of where it fits in your sector and location
- An ability to talk confidently and well about what you do to prospective partners and customers
- Membership to a cohort of other motivated and orientated creatives and business leaders who share your programme experience and priorities.
Is DYP right for me?
Design Your Practice is for creatives of all ages. It’s for those looking to dedicate time to their skills and interests in a successful career. As well as building confidence, you’ll develop an understanding of necessary business skills.
The weekly sessions are interactive and visually led, they included group working, guest speakers and 1-2-1’s with programme facilitators.
Rachael Brown is Chief Executive at Cultural Enterprise Office where she works to support and empower creatives and social enterprises. She previously spent over a decade at Impact Arts and has worked on joint ventures with the Scottish Government and leading agencies including Creative Scotland and Scottish Enterprise. Rachael’s passion for business and cultural, creative arts is infectious.
Rachael is also the Social Entrepreneur in Residence with Social Investment Scotland. She completed Entrepreneurial Scotland’s Saltire Fellowship programme in 2015. She was nominated for Rising Start of the Year by Entrepreneurial Scotland 2017 and 2019 voted by peers in the Scottish Ecosystem as Can Do Convener.
Pay for the whole course upfront and save £10.
We offer the option of paying by instalments. £20 is paid up-front for the first session and further instalments of £20 are paid by bank transfer each week. Remember members get 20% off all ticket sales.
That’s amazing value for a 3 hour workshop!