Establishing yourself as a maker is an achievement, but levelling up so that it’s paying you in a way that really works is quite another. Making this shift is a normal stage of business development but one where many small or solo businesses stall. In this practical workshop specifically designed for creative makers, you’ll learn applicable tools to help shift your profile, client base and markets so that the work you do is making the money you want. Full of immediately implement tactics and tips this session allows participants interrogate what they’re doing with their creative outputs and what they want those outputs to do for them.
- Insights into the financial realities of your business
- Tools to re-imagine your income generation potential
- Strategies to help identify the market you need to reach
- Planning tools to help you reach them
Who it’s for
- Makers who have been selling for at least two years and who are not generating the income they aspire to generate
Bring with you
- Brief info on your last two financial years – Income, Expenditure, specifically stock, marketing and event costs
- Examples of your work (online or in real life)
- Note-taking materials or laptop
Throughout her career, Sandy Thomson has navigated shifts in markets and the recalibration of her company’s offer to its changing client base in one of the country’s most turbulent creative landscapes. Her ten years of assessing and advising creatives have given her a remarkable overview of the most common threats and pitfalls to financial sustainability and growth.