- This event has passed.
Design your Practice with Sandy Thomson, Dundee
October 23 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm£20.00 – £150
8 x 3hr face to face weekly group programme sessions 6pm – 9pm
7 x 90 minute weekly assignments
Creative leader and Theatre and Film Director Sandy Thomson has spent 20 years steering her organisation through a changing landscape. Her Design Your Practice programme in Dundee is grounded in real-life experience of the creative and business world. It’s a structured, supported programme that asks and answers the big questions about what you’re doing. It’s an opportunity to learn skills and develop insight that will help you make decisions and action them, and to equip you with a raft of tools and competencies you can use now and in the future to keep yourself and your business on track as you realise your goals.
The programme is suitable for:
- Creative and social businesses who are seeking to become more focussed, resourceful and sustainable.
- Established creative and social businesses who are plateauing or have established a need to shift.
- Pre-start up creative and social businesses who have a business idea which requires testing.
- A better understanding of your business and its goals
- Tools and strategies to take your business forward
- A set of next steps for your business or practice
- Clarity around your offer and a solid sense of where it fits in your sector and location
- An ability to talk confidently and well about what you do to prospective partners and customers
- Membership to a cohort of other motivated and orientated creatives and business leaders who share your programme experience and priorities.
Sandy Thomson is an award-winning writer and director. She’s an experienced entrepreneur and creative business leader. She founded her company – Poorboy – in 2002 and since that time it’s become an established and flourishing creative company based in Scotland and making and delivering work across the world. Sandy has developed her creative canon alongside her business and leadership skills through two decades worth of navigating change – from the structural shifts in her industry, changes in tech and how people communicate and entertain themselves, to shifts in funding and finance in the arts. She enjoys the idea that change is the only constant and she’s a long-standing champion of healthy collaboration, clarity of priorities and good decision making as tools for resilience and innovation. For the last ten years, she’s been a mentor and advisor for creative entrepreneurs, helping businesses and creatives from all kinds of backgrounds.
Her background in theatre direction means she’s at her happiest in a room of people who are striving to make something great.
Pay for the whole course upfront and save £10.
We offer the option of paying by instalments. £20 is paid up-front for the first session and further instalments of £20 are paid by bank transfer each week. Remember members get 20% off all ticket sales.
That’s amazing value for a 3 hour workshop!