As if this year hasn’t been bad enough, we’ve just heard that Santa’s elves have all been furloughed!
We can’t stand for you to have yet another disappointment this year, so we at CEC have decided that it’s our job to don some pointy ears and help spread a little joy this year!
You are now invited to join us for our first ever CEC Secret Santa Gift Exchange!
This is a chance for you to have a bit of fun whilst supporting independent creative businesses. Sign up now to exchange a gift with a fellow member (and new contact!) within the CEC directory. That’s right, have a bit of fun, get a wee gift and meet new folk – what’s not to love?!
Why take part?
- You’ll get the joy of giving to a fellow creative and bringing them a little happiness
- You’ll get to support a brilliant independent creative business, helping their business to endure 2020
- You’ll have something to look forward to and you’ll receive a cool creative gift of your own
- And you’ll get to meet someone new within the community that might just be the person you’ve been looking for
What you need to know
- Unfortunately, this year we’re not ready to take this bad boy global, so currently this event is only available for our U.K. and Ireland based members. (Sorry international friends, we’ll try for next year)
- It’s totally free to take part, but you do need to buy a Secret Santa gift of up to £10 to participate.
- You also need to commit to following through! If you sign up to send a gift, you have to send it – otherwise, you will defiantly go on the naughty list, not to mention letting someone lovely down.
How to take part
- To sign up below you must agree to the terms and answer a few questions (so we can match you well)
- Make sure your profile in the directory is complete so that we can strategically match you with your Secret Santa.
- We’ll come back to you as soon as we can via email with your Secret Santa match and their details.
- Look through the list of sellers in the directory or choose your own independent creative business to purchase a gift of between £5-£10 from
- Then post your gift to your assigned member with a note about who you are and why you purchased this gift for them by 7 Dec at the latest!
- Then sit back and wait for your gift to arrive!
- When you receive your gift, pop into the CEC directory, find your Secret Santa and connect to them. Send them a wee thank you note and keep in touch. Maybe even arrange an online chat
- Then feel good about yourself. You’ve helped an independent creative business, you helped bring joy into someone’s life and you made some new contacts. Not a bad days work really.