As freelancers, we contend with being every department in our businesses all at once. On any given day we can be planning, managing, delivering and attracting the next client. This can mean making huge career-shaping decisions quickly and regularly, but often without a clear headspace, which can result in reactive or fear-driven responses and over time can lead to a sense of frustration or even burn-out.
Learning to lead with purpose, intention and consistency is the secret to transitioning away from bad workplace habits and toward a balanced, sustainable freelance career.
• Discover your purpose, values and value
• Transition away from reactive, fear-driven behaviour
• Develop the skills and mindset to have a healthy sustainable practice
• Plan with strategic intent
• Set clear parameters and identify your ideal clients